these Screen Shots from Unreal Tournament 2004.
2004 Patch 3 Release ut2004-winpatch3270.exe notes.
This patch is completely compatible with the retail version - servers and clients
of any flavor can connect with each other.
This patch will not overwrite your ut2004.ini and user.ini files, except to update
settings as necessary. This patch includes all changes made in Patches 1 and
Here is the full change list for Patch 3:
- Onslaught Map window clearly shows what team you are on
- The green vehicle crosshair no longer off centered from the main crosshair.
- Drivers don't take drowning damage while driving vehicle
- Made Vehicle.tick() functionality native (for performance).
- Added LockWarningInterval property to Vehicle.
- Fixed vehicles taking water damage when their driver gets out while they are
in the water
- Fixed Onslaught Vehicles so their reset time is reset to at least 10 seconds
- fixed AVRiL fired by bot sometimes changing to target vehicle bot is getting
- reduced bot accuracy with the Onslaught turret
- limited how far Scorpion web projectiles can fall before dissipating, to prevent
them being used for spamming
- Fixed link projectiles not doing extra damage to vehicles when linked up
- Fixed bots teleport looping in Onslaught
General Game play:
- Fixed low skill bots using lifts
- CTF defender AI improvements (pursuing flag)
- Optimized splash effects
- Junkyard magnet now works again
- Fixed AS-Junkyard exploit
- Don't preload skins with botuse=0
- Only precache Epic skins unless xDeathMatch.bCustomPreload is true
- Various script warning fixes
- SkipMatch cheat gives you credits as well
- MutNoSuperWeapons no longer in "arena" group.
- Fixed CTF-TwinTombs wrong team playerstart
- "Movie" tab is no longer empty in other languages
- Fixed some script warnings in UT2K4Tab_OnslaughtMap
- Fixed alignment bug in the Filters menu
- Fixed manually adding a favorite server overwriting the selected favorite.
- Fixed various options in the filters menu not being set to read only.
- Fixed Onslaught turrets so that their weaponmesh doesn't get hidden in demo
- Fixed Onslaught 2nd/3rd weapon orientation craziness during demo play back
- Fixed behindview resetting when preview another player in 3rd person during
- Fixed the Onslaught mini-map so it appears in demo playback (but not 100% functional)
- Fixed Auto-Demo Recording
- Fixed setting spaces in MOTD via webadmin
- Fixed "weapon not firing" bug, caused by reliable bunches from client getting
queued up on server under certain packet loss conditions.
- Improved low net bandwith (modem) client net performance:
- improved vehicle turret replication at low net bandwidths
- improved old pawn replication at low net bandwidths
- Added bWasSaturated flag to PlayerController - set on server side when connection
was saturated the previous tick
- if connection saturated and low bandwidth, use terrain traces for determining
- Lowered netpriority and netupdatefrequency for onsweaponpawns
- Made super shock beams not bNetTemporary (so you always see your shots even
w/ packet loss)
- Added MaxClientFrameRate configurable property to LevelInfo. Add MaxClientFrameRate=xx
to the [Engine.LevelInfo] section
of your UT2004.ini to change this property. It only works if your netspeed is
above 10000 (LAN games, or as negotiated between
server and client - increase the servers MaxInternetClientRate above 10000 to
use this feature in internet games). Increasing
this value will increase upstream bandwidth use, possibly causing problems for
ADSL and cable modem users with low bandwidth
upstream pipes, and will also increase server CPU utilization.
- Improved server performance by removing some expensive (and never tripped)
- Fixed speaking beacon to be green if have link out
- Fixed network jitter at low game speeds (gamespeed mutator)
- Speed hack checks enabled when flying redeemer
- Colored names exploit fixed again
- Fixed Web Response exploit
- Fixed server crash exploit
- Improved handling of packet loss of initial actor replication bunch
Mod Author Related:
- Fixed compile error/warnings with -mod= to point to the right directory.
- Made manifest transient, so it doesn't prevent saving games
- Fix for bInstantRotation weapons so they support having the same yaw and pitch
- Added 2 commands to the security actor to return all aliases and bindings,
and added example code to XPlayer showing how to use them.
- Pawns using PHYS_Spider play walking anims
- Added dumpframes command for dumping raw frames as a movie. In the console,
type "dumpframes start" to begin the process, and
"dumpframes stop" to end the process. It should be using the current screenshot
- Adjusted Scripted textures to use the character 'Q' for height, not char #0
- Integrated particle system editor (under the tools menu).
- Fixed NaNs in model render data (caused rendering issues on some hardware).
- Fixed crash bug in USkeletalMesh::GetCollisionBoundingBox()
- 64-bit fix.
- Fixed corrupt maps crashing upon .UCL generation
- MoveActor() performance optimization (avoid going through attachment list if
- Don't write "xx moved without proper hashing" warning to client logs.
- fixed rare (mod only) karma physics crash